"I have been performing on the stage since I
was 8 years old. But my most recent experience
as part of the hit musical Loving the Silent Tears has given me a new perspective about stage presence."
• In late July I went to Los Angeles to record a song that I co-wrote with two “major cats” of the Smooth Jazz scene. It was pure joy and a pleasure to work with Roberto Vally and Jeff Caruthers! We had fun and most important our song is amazing! I just heard the first mix and I CAN’T WAIT FOR YOU TO HEAR THE FINAL PRODUCT! Stay tuned!
• I am on the road again this week to Los Angeles to record another song; a collaboration with Ron Boustead. It’s a great tune with English/Portuguese vocals and lyrics. Ron and I will be singing together and I’ll be adding my Brazilian bossa touch. More news about that soon.
• My early release of All You Need Is Love is being heard on terrestrial and internet radio waves around the world. Thank you Boston, Atlanta, New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Florida, Spain, the UK, Holland, the Philippines, Japan, Brasil; for helping me share a little ‘love’ that the world so desperately needs.
Estou lançando um novo single, hoje, uma versão bossa nova de All You Need Is Love (Beatles). Esta música foi um presente de amor e carinho para comigo da minha banda. Eu estava planejando lançar-la no dia 16 de Setembro que se comemora O Dia Internacional da Paz. Porém, contudo e todavia com os recentes e estranhos eventos acontecendo nos Estados Unidos e em todo mundo. Decidi fazer o lançamento HOJE! Todo o resto deste mês, você pode baixá-la gratuitamente AQUI.
A humanidade precisa prestar mais atenção em si mesmo e reexaminar seus valores morais e suas ações. Amor, compaixão e respeito mútuo são a única esperança para se ter paz e dignidade humana.
Obrigada Mike Shapiro, Jamieson Trotter, Marcel Camargo e Hussain Jiffry por suas contribuições musicais e este arranjo sincera do coração. Obrigada Bill Schnee para o seu toque especial.
“Muitas vezes, nós julgamos os outros pelos seus piores exemplos, enquanto que nos julgamos por nossas melhores intenções” – George W. Bush 2016
I am releasing a new ‘single’ today! A Bossa Nova version of the Beatles hit All You Need Is Love. This song was a gift of love to me from my band. I had planned to release it on September 16th, 2016 the International Day of Peace. But with the recent events in the United States and around the world, I have decided to release it NOW. For the rest of the month you can download it for free here.
Humanity needs to take a hard look at itself and reexamine it’s values, morals, and actions. Love, compassion, and mutual respect are the only hope for peace and human dignity.
Thank you Mike Shapiro, Jamieson Trotter, Marcel Camargo and Hussain Jiffry for your musical contributions and this heartfelt arrangement. Thank you Bill Schnee for your special touch.
‘Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions’ – George W. Bush 2016
• I am collaborating with Roberto Vally on a tune for his upcoming CD. I’ll be busy this month working on the lyrics and the music. I think we will have something special with a Brazilian flair. We should be recording in early July. Stay tuned for updates.
• My latest single Darlin’ (Beach Boys) is being heard around the world. Please make your request to your favorite radio station and add Darlin’ to your playlist(s). A huge “Thank You’ to all the DJ’s and program directors spinning Darlin’ (available for download at all the usual places).
• The release of my next single; Darlin’ (Beach Boys) is set for May 15th, 2016. We will be doing our own promotions for your summer listening pleasure on both internet and terrestrial radio. Originally recorded for my É Minha Vez CD, Darlin’ has been remixed for radio including fresh vocals by yours truly. Darlin’ was originally arranged/produced by Dirk Freymuth and remixed by the incomparable Bill “Schnalien” Schnee. Beginning May 15th make your request to your favorite radio station and/or add Darlin’ to your favorite playlist(s) (e.g., at Spotify, Deezer, Pandora etc.). Darlin’ will also be available for download at all the usual places.
• I am starting to get excited about my shows in Palermo, Sicily (Italy) July 8th & 9th. I have the pleasure of performing with the L’Orchestra Jazz Siciliana, a 27 piece jazz brass orchestra. It looks like one show will be outdoors with a 12th century church as the backdrop and another show the following evening in the local Jazz Club. I’ve finalized the set list and just in the last stages of sending all of the charts!
• The single Red Kite by Rob Bender was released on April 6th. I met Rob when I was invited to the national show The Doctors as one of their guests. I gave him my music and it inspired him to write a song (Red Kite) and he invited me to collaborate on this awesome project. I had a great time recording the vocals. You can find out more about Red Kite at Rob Bender Music (http://www.robbendermusic.com) Available for download at all the usual places.
• Marketing plans have begun for the summer release of my next single; Darlin’ (Beach Boys), a remix from my É Minha Vez CD with fresh vocals and a remix for radio. STAY TUNED !!
• We still have high expectations to record a full CD this fall in Brasil. I have 13 tracks (Sertanejo) ready to go. 9 are songs my father wrote during his career and 4 originals of my own. A bonus track will have a special surprise. I am so excited about this project.