"I have been performing on the stage since I
was 8 years old. But my most recent experience
as part of the hit musical Loving the Silent Tears has given me a new perspective about stage presence."
Focus Single #1
Focus Single #2
My latest EP Inner Bossa now 11 weeks on the Smooth Jazz Top 50 chart with Day Dreaming as the focus single. The love and support from Program Directors and DJs around the world and within the Smooth Jazz network is absolutely amazing! Special thank you to Smooth Jazz Florida (WSJF-DB), Smooth Jazz Boston (WJMX-DB) & Smooth Jazz Global Radio (WJAZ-DB) for your awesome support.
The second half of the Inner Bossa radio campaign begins today with a GreenStream Jazz Blast sent out to Program Directors around the planet. The focus singles will be my Brazilian remake of the 80’s hit True (Spandau Ballet) and Mouvance an unreleased bossa nova originally recorded in French that I wrote English/Portuguese lyrics for.
Stay tuned !!
• September begins with me sidelined for a few weeks. Gotta love surgery!
• Inner Bossa now 9 weeks on the Smooth Jazz Top 50 chart and 11 weeks on the SmoothJazzIndie chart. I’m feeling the love and support from so many Program Directors and DJs across the network. Thank you for spinning Day Dreaming and True. New focus single to be announced soon for the 2nd half of the Inner Bossa EP radio promotion campaign.
• Our trio As Três Meninas, well, what can I say? Our two shows in Southern California were a huge success and we made new friends with Téka and NewBossa. Thank you Gloria Arjona for the great hospitality at Casa Arjona in Long Beach. What a great crowd! Check out our website at www.astresmeninas.com for a show near you. New dates to be announced soon.
• During the last week of July Inner Bossa moved up to #37 on the Smooth Jazz Top 50 chart, to #19 on the Smooth Jazz Indie chart and to #84 on the Radio Wave Internet chart. The EP is also listed as ‘chart bound’ on the Groove Jazz Music chart. Thank you so much! I feel blessed to have so many DJs and Program Directors spinning my music! A special thanks to my fans who continue to request my music. Your voice is being heard!
• Our trio As Três Meninas had another 2 great shows recently; at The Sound Room (Oakland CA) and the Sebastiani Theatre (Sonoma CA). This month we will be in Goleta (Santa Barbara area) and at Casa Arjona in Long Beach CA. We are in the process of putting together a December mini-tour to Oregon and have an anchor booking at The Jazz Station in Eugene, OR on December 12th. More dates in and out of California to be announced soon. Check out our music and videos at www.astresmeninas.com.
• The first half of 2015 is over and it has been a huge success. My latest EP INNER BOSSA debuted at #37 on the Smooth Jazz Independent Top 50 Chart last month and seems to be on the move. A huge THANKS to the Program Managers/Directors for giving me this opportunity to share my music. THANK YOU also to Jason Gorov at Gorov Music Marketing for his super radio promotional support.
• The Inner Bossa EP release shows at Vibrato Grill Jazz (Bel Air, CA) and Spaghettini (Seal Beach, CA) were both a huge success. A special shout out and THANKS to Artistic Directors Pat Senatore (Vibrato) and “Q” (Spaghettini) for giving me and other independent artists the opportunity to perform at such fine venues.
• Our trio As Três Meninas continues to move forward. Our gig at the Berkeley World Music Festival was PACKED and we had an awesome time. We have shows coming up in Oakland, Sonoma & Long Beach. New dates/venues will be added very soon (Hello Santa Barbara). Check us out at www.astresmeninas.com.
• The Remember My Name video is approaching 75,000 views on youTube from all over the world! I am still overwhelmed with such a response. Thank you!
* I recently posted a video of my 2012 performance from the hit musical LOVING THE SILENT TEARS. The full musical video was just released in December of 2014 and is being shown in locations throughout the U.S., South America, Europe and Asia. You can find it on my video page or on my youTube Channel HERE. This was an experience that changed my life! I am so proud and honored to have been part of this unique, musical extravaganza celebrating the 19th anniversary of Master Ching Hai Day.
• The second half of 2015 is already shaping up to be even better! Look for some new projects and new focus from me with lots of suprises; new music, renewed energy, and much fun!