"I have been performing on the stage since I
was 8 years old. But my most recent experience
as part of the hit musical Loving the Silent Tears has given me a new perspective about stage presence."
• I am proud to announce that my newest EP Inner Bossa will be released on May 15th, 2015 (or a tad earlier with a little luck). Stay tuned here and on my Facebook page for annoucements about ‘track previews” playing around the world. I have an EP Release Party planned for May 21st at Vibrato Jazz Grill in Bel Air. Come on by for a night of fun and you also will receive a free download card for the new EP. NO COVER!
• Our trio, As Três Meninas had a super time at our recent show in Modesto CA. Stephanie, Ami and myself would like to thank John and Jerry for putting this on in “The Cellar” at Greens on 10th in Modesto. A venue with a cool vibe and great sound! Plans are underway for a summer appearance in Los Angeles! We hope to play near you soon!
• Michael Wiegert (jazz guitarist) and I will be in Chico March 22nd for our first show as a duo. We will be presenting Brazilian music, American jazz standards, and a few other surprises.
Happy New Year! 2015 is off to a great start for me with lots of exciting things happening.
• I was at Sunset Sound recording studio in Hollywood, CA the last week of December 2014 recording my new EP. It was a surreal experience to be recording there. I’ve been listening to the final master this past week and I am really excited to share my new music with you soon (spring release). Stay tuned for more information.
• My new project with Stephanie Ozer (piano) and Ami Molinelli Hart (percussion) is taking off. We are having so much fun working together. Our trio, As Tres Meninas, is now accepting bookings.
• I’ve teamed up with Michael Wiegert (jazz guitarist) for a project as a duo. We will be presenting Brazilian music, American jazz standards, and a surprise here and there.
• I have several exciting projects planned for the end of 2014 and throughout 2015. In December I will be in the studio recording a new EP. Stay tuned for more information about this cool project soon. Release date will be in early, early 2015. I can’t wait!
• I performed at the 31st Festa Uai in my hometown of Poços de Caldas, MG in August of 2013. It was an emotional return to my musical roots of Sertanejo and inspired me to compose a new song for the show; Meu Pai. Since then I’ve continued to write new songs and now plans are underway to record a LIVE CD near the middle of 2015. The LIVE recording will have all original compositions (Sertanejo) written by me and also by my father.
• One more exciting project for late 2015 is in the early planning stages. It is so beyond my wildest dreams that I can’t share ANY info until I am sure it will happen. Maybe a clue or two at the end of the year?
• Thank you so much to Yoshi’s Oakland and their incredible production team for their support of my successful show on October 13th. Yoshi’s continues to be a world class venue. It was a big party and I think everyone had a great time. Check out the videos and photos here on the website. Thank you Donna Phillips and Sandy Shore from Smoothjazz.com for their wonderful photos from the show.
• Let Your Love Rise has been entered in the 57th Annual Grammy Awards in two categories: Best Song & Best Video. The ballots have been mailed and I encourage the voting members to “listen & watch” and then vote for Let Your Love Rise.
• Over 15,000 views of the Let Your Love Rise video! Thank you everyone!