"I have been performing on the stage since I
was 8 years old. But my most recent experience
as part of the hit musical Loving the Silent Tears has given me a new perspective about stage presence."
• I have several exciting projects planned for the end of 2014 and throughout 2015. In December I will be in the studio recording a new EP. Stay tuned for more information about this cool project soon. Release date will be in early, early 2015. I can’t wait!
• I performed at the 31st Festa Uai in my hometown of Poços de Caldas, MG in August of 2013. It was an emotional return to my musical roots of Sertanejo and inspired me to compose a new song for the show; Meu Pai. Since then I’ve continued to write new songs and now plans are underway to record a LIVE CD near the middle of 2015. The LIVE recording will have all original compositions (Sertanejo) written by me and also by my father.
• One more exciting project for late 2015 is in the early planning stages. It is so beyond my wildest dreams that I can’t share ANY info until I am sure it will happen. Maybe a clue or two at the end of the year?
• Thank you so much to Yoshi’s Oakland and their incredible production team for their support of my successful show on October 13th. Yoshi’s continues to be a world class venue. It was a big party and I think everyone had a great time. Check out the videos and photos here on the website. Thank you Donna Phillips and Sandy Shore from Smoothjazz.com for their wonderful photos from the show.
• Let Your Love Rise has been entered in the 57th Annual Grammy Awards in two categories: Best Song & Best Video. The ballots have been mailed and I encourage the voting members to “listen & watch” and then vote for Let Your Love Rise.
• Over 15,000 views of the Let Your Love Rise video! Thank you everyone!
• Let Your Love Rise has been entered in the 57th Annual Grammy Awards in two categories: Best Song & Best Video. I encourage the voting members to “listen & watch” and then vote for Let Your Love Rise.
• Thank you so much to all the Station Directors, Programming Managers, Music Directors, DJ’s, etc. throughout the world for “spinning” Let Your Love Rise on public, university, commercial & internet radio. Let Your Love Rise has been in the Top 40 Smooth Jazz Independent charts for 9 weeks and is still going strong! I really appreciate your support.
• Thank you so much to all of my fans who have viewed the Let Your Love Rise video. We have over 14,000 views !!!
• Fabiana has teamed up with Stephanie Ozer (keyboard) and Ami Molinelli (percussion) to form the new group As Três Meninas. Look for them in Northern California appearances during the rest of 2014 and at more west coast locations in 2015.
Los Angeles (June 5th, 2014) – Internationally renowned Brazilian star Fabiana Passoni newest EP Let Your Love Rise showcases her first Brazilian jazz original in English and remakes of two (2) Billboard Hot 100 1960s/70s hits. With uplifting lyrics and Fabiana’s deep, lush delivery the track provides a final punch of energy as the band cuts loose on an extended jam of pure, unadulterated Brazilian Jazz.
The EP also features a bossa nova version of the 60′s smash hit I Feel Good (James Brown). The acoustic arrangement is supported by undertones of Fender Rhodes, cello, and an impressive range of percussion. An added bonus to the EP is Fabiana’s modern interpretation of the 70′s hit Jazzman (Carole King) featuring a musical duet of her rich voice and the soprano sax of Scott Mayo.
Reviews are pouring in from around the world. Check out the album page for sound clips and reviews.
Full 320 kbt/s downloads available at iTunes and at a special EP price at CDBaby.com (3 days only).