"I have been performing on the stage since I
was 8 years old. But my most recent experience
as part of the hit musical Loving the Silent Tears has given me a new perspective about stage presence."
• I am collaborating with Roberto Vally on a tune for his upcoming CD. I’ll be busy this month working on the lyrics and the music. I think we will have something special with a Brazilian flair. We should be recording in early July. Stay tuned for updates.
• My latest single Darlin’ (Beach Boys) is being heard around the world. Please make your request to your favorite radio station and add Darlin’ to your playlist(s). A huge “Thank You’ to all the DJ’s and program directors spinning Darlin’ (available for download at all the usual places).
• The release of my next single; Darlin’ (Beach Boys) is set for May 15th, 2016. We will be doing our own promotions for your summer listening pleasure on both internet and terrestrial radio. Originally recorded for my É Minha Vez CD, Darlin’ has been remixed for radio including fresh vocals by yours truly. Darlin’ was originally arranged/produced by Dirk Freymuth and remixed by the incomparable Bill “Schnalien” Schnee. Beginning May 15th make your request to your favorite radio station and/or add Darlin’ to your favorite playlist(s) (e.g., at Spotify, Deezer, Pandora etc.). Darlin’ will also be available for download at all the usual places.
• I am starting to get excited about my shows in Palermo, Sicily (Italy) July 8th & 9th. I have the pleasure of performing with the L’Orchestra Jazz Siciliana, a 27 piece jazz brass orchestra. It looks like one show will be outdoors with a 12th century church as the backdrop and another show the following evening in the local Jazz Club. I’ve finalized the set list and just in the last stages of sending all of the charts!
• The single Red Kite by Rob Bender was released on April 6th. I met Rob when I was invited to the national show The Doctors as one of their guests. I gave him my music and it inspired him to write a song (Red Kite) and he invited me to collaborate on this awesome project. I had a great time recording the vocals. You can find out more about Red Kite at Rob Bender Music (http://www.robbendermusic.com) Available for download at all the usual places.
• Marketing plans have begun for the summer release of my next single; Darlin’ (Beach Boys), a remix from my É Minha Vez CD with fresh vocals and a remix for radio. STAY TUNED !!
• We still have high expectations to record a full CD this fall in Brasil. I have 13 tracks (Sertanejo) ready to go. 9 are songs my father wrote during his career and 4 originals of my own. A bonus track will have a special surprise. I am so excited about this project.
• Our trio As Três Meninas, has been very busy lately. We have been adding some new songs and arrangements to our playlist. Check out our website for a show near you. We will be back at Angelicas in Redwood City on March 10th to celebrate “International Women’s Day.” Hope to see you there!
• Marketing plans are just about completed for 2 singles I hope to release later this year. Stay tuned!
* Our January 1st release of Presente Vivo is off to a great start. I recorded this very uplifting, inspirational single (Brazilian Gospel) with Rodrigo Augusto (duet) in my hometown of Poços de Caldas MG last November. Take a look at our video here now with over 24K views! Thank you for all your support! Available for download at all the usual places.
• Our trio As Três Meninas, is also moving along well in 2016. Check out our website for a show near you. We will be back at Angelicas in Redwood City on March 10th celebrating “International Women’s Day” with a special guest and a few surprises. Hope to see you there!
• My radio promotion campaign for Inner Bossa ended last month. The final reported numbers of spins and internet impressions was amazing and still unbelievable. 24 weeks on the Smooth Jazz Top 50 chart; 27 weeks on the Smooth Jazz Indie Top 50 chart; and 16 weeks on the RadioWave Smooth Jazz Top 100 Chart (internet play). One huge, final shout out of love to all of the DJ’s, Music/Program Directors, listeners and fans who supported my music and made this dream come true.
* January 1st brought the release of Presente Vivo, a new single I recorded with Rodrigo Augusto (duet) at Base Recording Studio in Poços de Caldas MG on my last trip to Brazil in November. It’s a very uplifting, inspirational song (Brazilian Gospel) certainly a new genre for me. It was my first experience as a Producer (along with Flávio Flakk & Emerson Merê Carvalho). Available for download at the all the usual places. More info on the Present Vivo website.
• Plans are moving along for a recording project for the 2nd half of 2016 in Brazil. I will be recording a full CD (perhaps LIVE) (14 tracks – Sertanejo) composed of songs my father wrote during his career and a few originals of my own. It’s a very exciting and creative time for everyone involved.
• Our trio As Três Meninas, has some new bookings in 2016. Check out our website at www.astresmeninas.com for a show near you.